So the poll to name my novel has closed - with a grand total of 12 votes - and the result was a landslide in favour of The Gibbet's Cross. Which is good, as that was the name I secretly wanted to win. In my head I've been calling this story Jack-in-the-Green since I started writing it, but as soon as I came up with The Gibbet's Cross it stuck. So that one winning made me happy.
If you voted, thanks. I promise I'll actually finish writing this one, and that it will be available to read in one form or another. Preferably in a nice high-end hardback with rough paper released through a Big 6 publisher; I can dream, right?
Anyway. Progress the last week or slow has been slow as I'm in the middle of the busiest month of my life, moving house and working all over the place and lots of other things. I fully intend to get back to it, and I want to hit 25k words by the end of next week. I plan for the first draft and first edit to be finished and out to beta readers by the end of September. Then it'll be draft two, edit two, and then I'll see what shape the manuscript is in after that. This is a new process for me - I've completed a couple of manuscripts before, but never followed through with edits and general polishing. The size of the task ahead of me is a bit daunting, but I really want to tell this story and I really want to have people read it.
Get to, Chris. Get to.